True comfort food in a matter of minutes; that's what this dish is all about. Crispy chicken in a white wine sauce with wonderful braised greens and a pop of zesty citrus freshness; it really doesn't get better than that for a speedy midweek supper.
1. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a large high-sided frying pan over a high heat. Add the bacon and fry until crisp. Take out and leave aside.
2. Heat the pan back up and add another tbsp of olive oil and the butter. Add the chicken thighs and fry on each side until they are also golden and crisp. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Stir in the lemon zest and the thyme sprigs.
4. Pour in the wine and allow to sizzle for about 30 seconds before adding the chicken stock.
5. Return the bacon to the pan and add in your potatoes.
6. Add the peas to the liquid and then nuzzle in the spring onions and baby gem lettuce.
7. Cover with a lid and cook for about 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Serve straight away as is and enjoy!