A recipe that revisits the classic tagine! The flavours of stewed potato and pork combine in this dish scented with fresh mint, cumin and turmeric.
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut them into large pieces. Set aside in cold water to prevent blackening.
- Cut the meat into pieces.
- Wash the courgettes and slice them into rings. In a cast iron casserole, heat the oil and add the spices.
- Add the meat and brown it on all sides. Reserve the pieces on a plate.
- Add a drizzle of oil and fry the onions until they are translucent.
- Place the pork in the casserole and add the olives, courgette and preserved lemons.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix well.
- Then pour in 100 to 150ml of water, cover and cook over a very low heat for 1 hour 45 minutes. Add the potatoes and continue cooking for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve your tagine very hot, sprinkled with chopped fresh mint.
Credits: © UE CNIPT / Amélie Roche