POTATO, MINT AND CHORIZO CHURROS
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Place them in a pan of salted water and cook for 20-25 minutes once the water begins to boil.
- Drain and crush the potatoes in a bowl with a masher.
- Chop the chorizo and mozzarella into very small pieces.
- Rinse and finely chop the mint leaves.
- Add the chorizo, mozzarella and mint to the mashed potato and mix well.
- In a saucepan, heat 100 ml of water with 1 tablespoon of oil and bring to the boil.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir constantly with a spatula.
- Remove from the heat and incorporate the eggs one at a time stirring until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour this batter over the mashed potatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together and fill a piping bag with a fluted nozzle or fill your churros machine and make the churros.
- Heat the oil to 180°C in a frying pan.
- Cook the churros in the oil for 4-5 minutes until they are golden, turning them halfway through.
- Drain and place on kitchen paper.
- Serve with some chili powder and salt flakes. Enjoy immediately!