- Wash and gently pat dry the potatoes, cutting them into slices 3–6 mm thick. Place the potatoes in a single layer and season with salt and pepper.
- Add 70 g flour to a bowl, along with ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, garlic and chillies.
- Crack in 2 eggs, season with a little salt and whisk it all together.
- Heat 100 ml of oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. While the oil is heating, coat the potatoes, first in the flour and then in the egg wash, and place them on parchment paper.
- After heating the oil for 5–6 minutes, add the coated slices of potato to the pan, in a single layer, cooking them in batches. After 4–5 minutes, flip the potatoes over and after another 4–5 minutes, remove them from the pan and transfer to a dish lined with paper towels. Continue to fry the potatoes until they are all cooked.
- Line a baking tray with the fried potatoes in a single layer and place in a warm oven.
How to make the creamy sauce:
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. After 2 minutes, add in 1 diced onion and the chopped chorizo and stir with the olive oil for 30 seconds.
- Add the 2 cloves of garlic and heat for another 30 seconds before adding 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Mix all the ingredients together for about 2 minutes, then add 120 ml of milk and ¼ teaspoon of turmeric, stirring continuously.
- Once the milk has thickened, add another 120 ml of milk, a little at a time, still stirring.
- Once all the milk has been added, cook for a further 3 minutes, stirring. Season with salt and black pepper then remove from the heat.
Bring everything together:
- Place the fried potatoes in a serving dish, pour on the creamy sauce and sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.
- Ready to serve!