- Preheat the oven to 220° C/Gas 7. Grease a large ovenproof dish.
- Clean the potatoes and cut them into slices 3–4 mm thick, using a mandolin if necessary. Cut the rest of the vegetables into equally thick slices.
- Mix the potato slices in a mixing bowl with the melted butter, olive oil, chilli flakes, garlic, and sprinkle with some salt and pepper.
- Arrange the potato slices, parsnip, red onion, and aubergine in an ovenproof dish with the sprigs of herbs and the bay leaves in between. Pour the rest of the butter/oil mixture over them.
- Cover the dish with aluminium foil and bake for another 45 minutes until they are cooked and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and serve with rocket salad, fresh basil, and pistachio nuts.