TURKEY, HAM, LEEK AND POTATO PIE
- Preheat the oven to 170°C/Gas 3.
- Cut the peeled potatoes into equal pieces and boil until tender. Drain the potatoes and leave to drain.
- Put the gammon of ham in a roasting tin, and fill with 1 litre of cold water.
- Cover and cook for 3 hours, turning the gammon halfway through.
- Drain the liquid and discard. Return the gammon to the tin, increasing the heat to 220°C/Gas 7. Roast for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Shred the gammon with a fork and set aside.
- Lower the oven temperature to 200°C/Gas 6.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the leeks, cover, and cook for 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the white sauce and chicken stock. Cook until the sauce is smooth, stirring regularly.
- Chop the pre-cooked potatoes.
- Add the pulled gammon, potatoes, turkey to a baking dish. Pour over the leeks and the white sauce and finish with the chopped tarragon.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese on top.
- Unroll the sheet of pastry and cover the pie. Pierce with a knife and brush with beaten egg. Trim off the extra pastry.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until it is crispy and golden brown.
- Ready to serve.