- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut into pieces. Place in a pan of cold, salted water and cook for 15 minutes once the water begins to boil, then drain.
- Mash the potatoes and add the diced tomatoes, thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4.
- In a bowl, mix together the ricotta, cream cheese, egg, and egg yolk. Add the paprika and season with salt and pepper.
- Press the mashed potato and tomato into a cake ring and smooth the surface. Pour the cheese mixture over the top. Smooth the surface. Place in the oven for 25 minutes.
- In a hot frying pan, fry small pieces of bacon.
- Serve the cheesecake warm with bacon pieces sprinkled on top.
For an entirely veggie version, replace the bacon with courgette pieces.