- Wash the potatoes and place them in a pan of cold water. Bring to the boil and cook them for 20 minutes. Drain the potatoes and cut them into quarters. Set aside.
- Clean the shellfish (clams, cockles, or mussels) by soaking them in salted water for 30 minutes. Rinse and soak again in salt water. Repeat the operation twice. Drain.
- Wash the parsley, remove the stalks and chop.
- Colour the crushed garlic in a hot frying pan with the oil. Add the shellfish and white wine.
- Stir and cover for 2 to 3 minutes, the shells should be open.
- Add the potatoes, the cubed butter, and the parsley. Stir and adjust the seasoning.
Tip: A recipe with Italian flavours that can also be eaten without the shells for simplicity.