- Wash and peel the potatoes and cut into wedges. Place in a pan of cold, salted water and cook for 15 minutes once the water begins to boil, then drain.
- Mash the potatoes to a smooth puree. Season and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 250°C/Gas 8-9
- Cut the cheese into small cubes.
- Shape small balls of mashed potatoes with a cube of cheese in the centre.
- Place the breadcrumbs in a shallow dish and the beaten egg, salt, and pepper in another.
- Dip the croquettes in the beaten egg, then in the breadcrumbs. Press firmly on all sides so that they stick.
- Place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper and cook in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Make a dip with the leftover feta cheese: crumble the feta cheese and mix it with the olive oil, thyme, salt and pepper. Serve together with the croquettes.
Add some thyme to your breadcrumbs to add a twist to the potato croquettes.