An Asian-inspired recipe that combines mashed potatoes and kale in a gourmet dish. Accompanied by pink shrimp, for a dose of lean protein, and spiced up with fresh ginger and black sesame, the potato will surprise you!
- Wash the potatoes, cook them in salted water for 20 minutes, with the roughly chopped clove of garlic.
- Once cooked and peeled, mash them with a fork. Season with oil, salt and pepper. Add the grated ginger and mix.
- Blanch the kale leaves for 5 minutes in boiling, salted water. Once cooked, cool them in iced water.
- Dry the leaves then cut them in two equal parts and remove the central midrib.
- Place half a kale leaf in the palm of your hand, add a walnut-sized ball of potato and a prawn in the middle.
- Close by squeezing each bite. If necessary, cut the ends of the bites so that they have a regular shape and prick them with toothpicks.
- Sprinkle with black sesame seeds and serve with little dishes/ ramekins of soy sauce.
Credits: © EU/MAAF/FAM/Interfel/T.Antablian