- Wash the potatoes and cut them into quarters lengthwise.
- Thinly slice the onion.
- Peel and crush the cloves of garlic using the blade of a knife.
- Peel, wash and cut the carrots into small cubes.
- Heat the olive oil in a casserole dish and sauté the onions, garlic, carrots, and thyme until nicely coloured.
- Add the potatoes to the casserole and sauté for 5 minutes on a low heat.
- Pour in the white wine, season with the turmeric and bay leaf. Simmer for about 10 minutes over a low heat. Cover the preparation with water.
- Add the peas and continue cooking for 20 minutes. The broth is ready when the potatoes are tender. Add salt and pepper at the last moment.
- Serve hot with a golden oven-baked garlic bread.
Tip: To give a southern flavour to your dish, you can replace the turmeric by 1 pod of paprika