- Wash and cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 minutes, then cut them into pieces of 2 cm.
- Peel and grate the ginger.
- Add the ginger, lemongrass, and chicken stock to 1 litre of hot water. Bring to the boil. Cook for 20 minutes over a low heat.
- Slice the chicken into thin strips. Over a high heat, add the chicken and potatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Wash the carrots and mushrooms. If necessary, peel the mushrooms and slice them into thin strips. Cut the carrots into small sticks.
- Thinly slice the scallions.
- Add the carrots, mushrooms, scallions and soy sauce and boil for another minute.
- Serve immediately.
Tip: Serve the stock hot with a dash of lime juice and a little fresh coriander for added freshness.