IRISH GARLIC POTATO FARLS
- In a pot, cover potatoes with water and bring to the boil over a high heat. Simmer over a medium-high heat for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes then return them to the pot and leave to dry out over remaining heat.
- Mash the potatoes then transfer to a bowl. Stir in the flour, salt, and melted butter until it becomes a dough.
- Flour your surface and lightly knead the dough, which will feel sticky – use a floured rolling pin to flatten into a thin layer, in the shape of a circle. Cut into quarters using a floured knife.
- Add oil and chopped garlic to a pan and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle flour over the base of the pan and cook the farls for 3 minutes on each side or until evenly browned.
- Season with salt and (red) pepper, olive oil and fresh herbs.
- Serve with cottage cheese.