- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the potatoes and paprika and fry until they are golden brown.
- Add the garlic, half the chilli, the scallions / spring onions, lemon zest and tarragon and fry for 1 minute.
- In a bowl, mix the sour cream, lemon juice, dill, and the remainder of the chilli.
Poach the eggs.
- Fill a tall pan with ¾ of water and bring to the boil.
- Add a dash of vinegar to the boiling water.
- Break each egg into a separate cup (make sure the yolk remains whole).
- Lower the heat and keep the water just below boiling point. Stir with a spoon until a whirlpool forms.
- Pour the first egg into the middle of the swirling water. After about 2 minutes, the egg is cooked.
- Increase the heat a little and do the same with the other eggs.
- Remove each one carefully from the pan with a slotted spoon.
Bring everything together:
- Plate up the potatoes and smoked salmon, squeeze a little lemon and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the poached eggs. Top with some sour cream and grated cheese.
- Ready to serve.