A recipe with Swedish accents, combining the flavours of baked potato with hints of oregano, rosemary and fresh thyme, and an assortment of savoury spices.
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4, 180°C (350°F).
- Wash the potatoes. Cut even slices, taking care not to cut all the way through so that the potato spreads ‘like a fan’.
- Sprinkle each potato with herbs and spices, making sure that each potato slice is garnished.
- Place a small knob of butter on each potato. Drizzle lightly with oil.
- Place the potatoes on a baking tray covered with baking paper and bake for 40-50 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Cut the slices of Emmental cheese in 4 and the bacon slices in half. Remove the potatoes from the oven.
- Insert the slices of Emmental cheese and bacon into the potatoes, taking care not to burn yourself.
- Cook under the grill for 5 to 10 minutes (until the cheese has melted).
Credit: recipe by AnneCé Bretin.